What You Will Learn:
- Comprehensive Industry Knowledge — Here at Skystar, everyone is always excited about learning. You will be able to gain insights into the market potential of different industries from research papers or regular discussions. You will also have the opportunity to join meetings with knowledgeable founders and business partners which will equip them better with in-depth industry knowledge for your subsequent professional journey.
- Financial Modelling Skills — Learning to create a financial model is always useful in almost every career path that you’re going to take. Having a private equity background, Skystar always does in-depth financial analysis on our potential deal analysis giving our analyst opportunity to learn about financial modeling for tech companies.
- Business Development — You will be able to learn about real business problems and how business experts build on solutions to tackle issues. From our weekly discussions and exposure to some of the BOD meetings, you’ll sharpen your analytical and problem-solving skills, giving you a head start to any other fresh graduates in the market.
- Deal Sourcing & Screening: Actively conduct meetings with entrepreneurs and deal source through events and other networking opportunities
- Investment Analysis: Conduct preliminary research on new investment opportunities sourced, outlining macro potential, financial analysis, and potential synergy to Skystar’s network
- Due Diligence: Create compelling and detailed investment thesis and recommendation to our Investment Commitee on a weekly basis
- New Markets Analysis: Identify high-growth opportunities that may be attractive for investment within Southeast Asia
- Portfolio Monitoring: Support senior members of the firm on portfolio management, particularly on providing strategic advice and assisting in fundraising
- At least 2-5 years experience preferably at a venture capital firm, financial services or a tech company
- Bachelor or Masters degree from a reputable university
- Good financial modeling and analytical skills, and excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple workflow processes simultaneously with minimum supervision
- Strong interest in tech and finance with high attention to detail